Skip to main content
Home Courts By District 1st Judicial District FAQs
Home Courts By District 1st Judicial District FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions


Can I lose my job if I serve as a juror? Do I still have to serve on jury duty if I am a dependant of OR an active duty member serving in the military and do not claim residency in Colorado? How are jurors assigned to trials? How was I chosen for Jury Service? If I have a felony conviction, am I eligible to serve on a jury? What are the legal qualifications for jury service? What do I do if I lost my questionnaire? What if I have a disability? What if I have other commitments for the date I’m supposed to appear, how can I obtain a postponement for the jury summons I received? What if my employer doesn’t want to pay me for the first three days of service? What is the “one day/one trial” system? Who will pay me for serving as a juror? Why do I receive summonses year after year, when other people don’t?


Are all adults and juveniles who are on Probation required to be supervised by the Probation Department? Are there sex offenders who are on Probation? Can Probation be transferred to another part of Colorado? Can Probation be transferred to another state? Can a Probation Officer arrest anyone? How can I transfer my Probation from another state to Colorado? How do I find out if someone is on Probation? How do I pay supervision fees and other costs I am supposed to pay? How does someone get on Probation? Is Probation the same as Community Corrections? Is Probation the same as Parole? What are the “Terms and Conditions” of Probation? What does the Probation Department do for victims of crime? What happens after I have been put on Probation by the Judge? What happens if I don’t do what I am supposed to do while on Probation? What is Alcohol Probation? What is Drug Court? What is a Pre-sentence Report? What is the AIIM Program? What is “Restorative Justice”? What kinds of offenders are on Probation?


Is it possible to watch a criminal hearing? Can I do other things, like take a driver’s education course, instead of pleading to a smaller charge to take care of a speeding ticket? How quickly can I get an OJW clearance letter? I don't live in Colorado, but I received a traffic ticket in Gilpin or Jefferson county. Do I have to appear in court? I paid my ticket within the 20-day grace period through the mail. My check/money order never cleared or was returned to me. Do I have to come to court? My son or daughter received a summons. May I appear on their behalf? The 20 days to pay my ticket by mail have passed. May I still pay by mail and avoid a court appearance?


Are there different or other forms for name changes submitted to the Jefferson Combined Courts? How do I change my court date? How do I get married by a judge? How do I pay my fines? What if I can't pay the full amount at one time? How long does a court hearing take? I can't afford to pay the filing fee. What are my options? I don't see my question. I don't understand how to fill out the protection order paperwork. I have a money, eviction, divorce, or custody case. Is it possible to have a public defender help me? I want more information about a charge that is on my background check. I'm the respondent or defendant in a case that someone filed against me. What if I ignore the summons and complaint I receive? I've never been to court before. What will my day at court look like? The judge issued a judgment in a case I filed. How do I collect the judgment? This is not my case. Someone is using my name. What is a notice to set or how do I set a hearing? Who can personally serve the person that I am suing with the court paperwork?

Divorce and Family Matters

How do I get child support for my children? I can't afford to pay my child support. What can I do?

contact us   •   interpreters   •   faq   •   photos   •   holidays Menu Home Search Courts Probation Jury Self Help ⁄ Forms Careers Media Administration Contact us Interpreters FAQ Photo Gallery Holiday Schedule