These standard instructions are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice about your case. If you choose to represent yourself, you are bound by the same rules and procedures as an attorney.
The list of Filing Fees includes: County Court, District Court, Water Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court, miscellaneous fees and no fees charged.
If you are applying to have your filing fee waived you may be asked to supply:
- Copies of the previous three months bank statements, including checking and savings. DO NOT provide originals.
- Copies of the previous three months pay stubs and/or proof of income must be included. DO NOT provide originals.
- Income can include, wages, self-employment income, unemployment benefits, Social Security, SSI, alimony, workers’ compensation, etc. (See page 2 of the JDF 205 form).
- Child Support is not included as income but can be included as an expense.
- Nonessential items such as cable or satellite television, club memberships. entertainment, dining out, etc. shall not be included in determining expenses (see Page 2 of the JDF205 form).
Filing Fees JDF 1 List of all filing fees.
We are in the process of translating many of our forms in Spanish. You may find that some Instructions and Forms, for example Adoption, Adult and Minor Name Change, etc., are not translated at this time. All forms must be completed in English pursuant to Colorado law, see §13-1-120, C.R.S.
Sections with Spanish Forms
JDF 201 - Inmate Motion Requesting to File Without Prepayment of Filing/Service Fees Download PDF Download Word Document Revised 09/11 JDF 202 - Finding and Order Concerning Inmate Motion Download PDF Download Word Document Revised 08/13 JDF 203 - Certification of Determination of Indigency Download PDF Download Word Document Revised 08/11 JDF 205 - Motion to File Without Payment and Supporting Financial Affidavit Download PDF Revised 10/15 JDF 206 - Finding and Order Concerning Payment of Fees Download PDF Download Word Document Revised 06/12 JDF 1 - Filing Fees, Surcharges, and Costs in Colorado State Courts Download PDF 06/16 If you would like to provide comments about this site, please contact us. Please note - By law, we cannot provide legal advice. Should you need additional assistance or forms that are not provided on this site, you may wish to consult an attorney.