IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS, CLOSINGS WILL BE LISTED ON TV AND 850 KOA RADIO. OR, YOU MAY VISIT OUR WEB PAGE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION (www.courts.state.co.us). YOU MAY ALSO CALL THE MAIN TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR THE LINDSEY FLANIGAN COURTHOUSE AT 720-337-0600, AND PRESS 2 FOR A RECORDED MESSAGE. NOTE THAT WEATHER CLOSURES ARE EXTREMELY RARE AND INFREQUENT.
*********************** IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS -- PLEASE READ ***********************
ON THE DAY OF YOUR SERVICE:
1) Please plan ahead and arrive early.
- Arrive 30-60 minutes early. Expect a significant wait to enter the building, much like the airport, as the lines will be long due to important security screening measures.
- The reporting time is listed on your summons as either 8:00 am or 10:00 am.
- On Monday and Tuesday only, the doors will open at 7:00 am and check-in will begin at that time.
- Arrive 30 minutes early. Expect a significant wait to enter the building, much like the airport, as the lines will be long due to important security screening measures.
- The reporting time is listed on your summons as either 8:00 am or 9:30 am.
- The doors will open at 7:30 am.
2) *** BE SECURITY READY ***
Arrive at least 30 minutes before your reporting time to allow extra time for security screening. All persons and belongings are subject to search, so plan accordingly. Please pack light and only bring items that you need to get through the day – the more you bring with you, the longer the screening process will take.
Many items are not permitted inside the building. AT NO TIME WILL UNAUTHORIZED ITEMS BE HELD AT SCREENING STATIONS OR LEFT WITH SECURITY. Unauthorized items (if not deemed illegal) can be taken outside and left in a vehicle. However, if you choose not to return unauthorized items to your vehicle, items will be placed in the unauthorized property bin and will not be returned to the owner.
Items that are prohibitied include, but are not limited to, the following:
Weapons: Firearms, Knives/Blades/Razors/Box Cutters, OC/CS/CN/Pepper Spray, Baton/Clubs/Brass Knuckles/Car Eye Defense Tool, Taser/Stun Gun/ERD
Restraint Devices: Handcuffs/Thumb Cuffs, Handcuff/Restraint Keys
Drugs/Paraphernalia: Drugs/ Pipes/Drug Paraphernalia, Epi-pens/Hypodermic Needles
*(Prescription items must be in original container, clearly labeled with the prescription and will require supervisor/sheriff approval on entry)
Other Miscellaneous Items: Ammunition/Simulated Ammunition, Simulated Firearms, Knitting Needles/Spikes/Letter Openers/Nail Files/Scissors, Corkscrews, Tools/Pins/Hooks, Padlocks/Bike Locks (Kryptonite), Bike Pumps, Chains, Bars, Flammable Liquids, Sharpies/Permanent Markers, Metal Forks, Alcohol, Helium Balloons
3) PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: You may want to consider using RTD for your transportation, as parking is always very limited downtown.
RTD TRIP PLANNER
4) PARKING INSTRUCTIONS
**YOU MUST PAY FOR ALL DAY PARKING.**
DO NOT PARK AT A METER.
Limited discount parking is available on a first-come-first-served basis only at the Denver Justice Center Parking Garage, located at 490 West 14th Ave., Denver, CO, 80204 (please see your summons for a map and parking code). The discount rate is not guaranteed and there is limited space in this garage. When that lot is full, there are several other all-day lots nearby where you may park, as long as you DO pay for ALL DAY parking and DO NOT park at a meter.
Denver Area Parking Map
5) COUNTY OF RESIDENCE
Do you live in DENVER COUNTY? You cannot serve in a county in which you do not live. If you do not live in Denver County more than 50% of the time, please fill out the disqualification form to correct your county.
**Children are not permitted in the courtrooms. However, FREE childcare is provided.
CALL 720-865-9930 FOR INFORMATION. COURT FREE CHILD CARE INFORMATION FLYER
7) REPORTING TIME
- The Denver City and County Building will open at 7:30 A.M. Mon-Fri.
- The Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse will open at 7:00 am on Mondays and Tuesdays, and at 7:30 am Wed-Fri.
- THE REPORTING TIME FOR JURY SERVICE VARIES -- 8:00 A.M., 9:30 A.M. OR 10:00 A.M. (SEE YOUR SUMMONS). The lines for security are long and you must be in the buidling and checked in before the reporting time listed on your summons. Arrive early to allow extra time for parking and security screeneing.
8) HOW OFTEN CAN I BE CALLED FOR JURY SERVICE?
You may be summoned for jury service once per calendar year, from Jan-Jan.
9) HOW TO DETERMINE IF YOU MUST REPORT FOR JURY DUTY
Click on CHOOSE THIS LOCATION below to access the reporting range for the location to which you have been summoned. (Your location is listed on your summons).