Skip to main content
Home Self Help Records other than Convictions - Simplified Process
Home Self Help Records other than Convictions - Simplified Process
Records other than Convictions - Simplified Process
These standard instructions are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice about your case. If you choose to represent yourself, you are bound by the same rules and procedures as an attorney.

  • Simplified Process
    • 1. Determine whether you meet the requirements to seal your records using this process.
    • If I qualify, how do I ask the court to seal my record?
      • You can ask the court to seal your criminal justice record informally in open court at the time of the dismissal of the case or if the verdict of your case is not guilty.


        by filling out JDF 477 Motion to Seal Criminal Justice Records Pursuant to §24-72-702.5 C.R.S.  and also the caption box of JDF 478 Order to Seal Criminal Justice Records Pursuant to §24-72-702.5 C.R.S.   

        You may file the JDF 477 written motion and JDF 478 Order at any time after the dismissal, acquittal or completion of a diversion or deferred sentence. 

        The JDF 477 Motion and JDF 478 Order need to be filed with the court.  

        If you are required to appear at the end of a diversion agreement or a deferred judgment and sentence the advisement regarding the sealing of the case may occur at that time.

    • Do I have to pay a fee?
      • A processing fee of $65.00 is required to be paid when the motion is made for the sealing of the record and prior to the order to seal being entered in the case, §24-72-702.5 C.R.S. 

        If you do not think you can afford it, you can request a waiver of the filing fee by completing form JDF 205 Motion to File without Payment and Supporting Financial Affidavit, and the caption box of JDF 206 Finding and Order Concerning Payment of Fees. The court will make the determination. For more information check out the File Without Payment section.

important announcement contact us   •   interpreters   •   faq   •   photos   •   holidays Menu Important Announcement Home Search Courts Probation Jury Self Help ⁄ Forms Careers Media Administration Contact us Interpreters FAQ Photo Gallery Holiday Schedule