Record Search Request
This information is for records search/copy requests with Denver Probate Court (Denver County) only. For records search request outside of Denver County, please contact the applicable county directly.
Requesting a records search with the Denver Probate Court:
- Submit your request with as much information as you have regarding the person to be searched (full name, county of residence, date of death.) Please be as specific as possible regarding the information you are seeking.
- If you are requesting a record search, there is a $5.00 charge for each name requested. (The initial $5.00 record search fee is to be paid in advance and will return a case number (if any), and a print out of the case file register of actions.
- Once we receive your request and payment, we will locate the file and process your request. This will take, on average, 5 - 7 business days.
- Depending on the year of the file, we may need to retrieve the file from our off-site storage.
- Once we have the file and determine the number of pages you are requesting (if any), the court will contact you with a total (via the contact information you provide) for the cost of processing your request.
- Once payment is received, the requested records search will be completed.
Please submit your search and/or request for copies to the Denver Probate Court by:
1. U. S. Mail: Mail a request letter, check for payment, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the below address.
Please be sure to include your contact information for correspondence from the court.
DENVER PROBATE COURT
CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER, STATE OF COLORADO
City and County Building
1437 Bannock Street, Room 230
Denver, CO 80202-5382
2. In person: Denver Probate Court is located in Room 230 of the City and County Building in Denver. The office is open 8am to 4pm, Monday – Friday. We are closed on court holidays.
Payment may be made by credit card, cash or check. Please make checks payable to Denver Probate Court.
FEES: *Please note: all fees are nonrefundable.
COPIES $ 0.75 per page
SEARCH FEE $ 5.00 per name **if you do not have a case number
CERTIFICATION $ 13.00 (can be applied to an individual document or include a group of documents)
EXEMPLIFICATION $13.00 (can be applied to an individual document or include a group of documents)
FILE RETRIEVAL FROM OFFSITE STORAGE (if applicable) $15.00
POSTAGE = varies on the request
Please note that the statewide index for record searches only goes back to 1988. For records search request outside of Denver County or for prior years, please contact the applicable county directly.
For questions, please contact the Denver Probate Court front office at 720-865-8310 x5.