Chief Judges are responsible for the implementation of an annual local EEO/Diversity Plan. This includes:
- Communicating the elements of local plans to employees;
- Local monitoring and supervision to promote equal opportunity for all employees, applicants, and program beneficiaries;
- Ensuring fair employment decisions;
- Taking swift and appropriate action(s) to prevent discrimination and/or harassment when it is discovered;
- Assuring compliance with the Anti-Harassment Policy of the Colorado Judicial Department;
- Establishing a positive and culturally sensitive work environment through the inclusion of initiatives designed to assist those involved with the Colorado Judicial Department to come to terms with his or her attitudes, beliefs, and expectations about others, and gain comfort with those who are different.
These duties may be delegated to the Judicial District Administrator, Chief Probation Officer, or the Clerks of Court for the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. The State Court Administrator or the Director of Human Resources shall perform these functions for the Office of the State Court Administrator. Plans shall be maintained locally, available to interested parties for review upon request, and updated every two years when new employment statistics are released.