Skip to main content
New Judicial Website coming! Click here to read about this exciting news!
Home Self Help Cases for $7,500 or Less
Home Self Help Cases for $7,500 or Less
Cases for $7,500 or Less
These standard instructions are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice about your case. If you choose to represent yourself, you are bound by the same rules and procedures as an attorney.

  • How do I sue for $7,500 or less?
    • Small Claims
      • Suing a person or business for $7,500 or less is considered Small Claims.

    • How do I collect my judgment?
    • How do I file a Contempt Citation?
      • General Information 

        You must file your documents in the case in which the Court awarded a money judgment in your favor.

        A money judgment from County Court is good for six years from the judgment date.

        A money judgment from District Court is good for 20 years from the judgment date.

        You may file if the Judgment Debtor has not complied with the Court Order, e.g. failed to respond to interrogatories following service or has filed an answer that does not adequately respond to the questions.

        The Court cannot collect your money judgment for you.

        For additional information, please review the Colorado Rules of County Court Civil Procedure – Rule 369 and 407 or Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure – Rule 69 and 107.

        Instructions and forms to file for a Contempt Citation.

important announcement Transparency Online   •   Contact Us   •   Interpreters   •   FAQ   •   Photos   •   Holidays Menu Important Announcement Home Search Courts Probation Jury Self Help ⁄ Forms Careers Media Administration Contact us Interpreters FAQ Photo Gallery Holiday Schedule