Skip to main content
Home Forms Money Cases Small Claims
Home Forms Money Cases Small Claims
Small Claims



  • A lawsuit for less than $7,500.
  • To recover money or property, perform or cancel a contract, or comply with a restrictive covenant. 
  • Law: C.R.S. § 13-6-403.
Small Claims Rules Local Small Claims Practices
Frequently Asked Questions Instructions for Collecting a Judgment 
Contempt Citations

Instructions for filing a Small Claims Case


Legal Advisory

  • These standard instructions are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice about your case.
  • If you choose to represent yourself, you are bound by the same rules and procedures as an attorney. 


We are in the process of translating many of our forms in Spanish. You may find that some Instructions and Forms, for example Adoption, Adult and Minor Name Change, etc., are not translated at this time. All forms must be completed in English pursuant to Colorado law, see §13-1-120, C.R.S.

Sections with Spanish Forms

If you have questions about forms or procedures, contact the Self Help Center for the county in which you will be filing. Self Help Center List. Please note - By law, we cannot provide legal advice. Should you need additional assistance or forms that are not provided on this site, you may wish to consult an attorney.

important announcement Transparency Online   •   Contact Us   •   Interpreters   •   FAQ   •   Photos   •   Holidays Menu Important Announcement Home Search Courts Probation Jury Self Help ⁄ Forms Careers Media Administration Contact us Interpreters FAQ Photo Gallery Holiday Schedule