Skip to main content
Home Courts By County Montezuma County Court Business Resources
Home Courts By County Montezuma County Court Business Resources
Montezuma County Court Business Resources






  • Before contacting the Montezuma Combined Courts to arrange a ceremony you must have a marriage or civil union license. To obtain a license please contact the Montezuma County Clerk and Recorder’s Office located at 140 West Main Street, Cortez, Colorado 81321, (970)565-3728 during the hours of 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, or visit their web site at Clerk & Recorder - Montezuma County.
  • If you decide you would like a Judicial Officer to perform your ceremony, ceremonies may be performed at the Montezuma Combined Courts during regular business hours.  All ceremonies are performed by appointment only.  Contact judicial staff at 970-565-1111 or  to make an appointment.  There is no charge for ceremonies conducted at the courthouse during regular business hours.  We cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate your requested date and time; however we will make our best effort to do so.   Judicial Officers are not available to conduct ceremonies on holidays.
  • Be sure to bring your marriage or civil union license with you to your scheduled ceremony.



important announcement Transparency Online   •   Contact Us   •   Interpreters   •   FAQ   •   Photos   •   Holidays Menu Important Announcement Home Search Courts Probation Jury Self Help ⁄ Forms Careers Media Administration Contact us Interpreters FAQ Photo Gallery Holiday Schedule