Presentation materials for the Colorado Collaborative Justice Conference are available below and are in alphabetical order by speaker last name.
Please note, not every speaker/session has associated materials available. If you do not see a speaker/session below, there are no materials presently available. Please check back periodically as we will upload materials on an on-going basis as they become available to us.
- Blanford, Alex - Successful Community Transition from Jails and Prisons for People with Behavioral Health Disorders - Handouts: Guidelines for the Successful Transition of People with Behavioral Health Disorders from Jail and Prison Summary, Guidelines for the Successful Transition of People with Behavioral Health Disorders from Jail and Prison Full Version, Adults with Behavioral Health Needs under Correctional Supervision: A Shared Framework for Reducing Recidivism and Promoting Recovery, A Checklist for Implementing Evidence-Based Practice and Programs for Justice-Involved Adults with Behavioral Health Disorders
- Carey, Dr. Shannon - Incentives and Sanctions: Practical Application of the Science of Behavior Change
- Celeste, Judge Mary - The Legilization of Marijuana and its Impact on Impaired Driving Cases - Handouts: Detection and Measurement of Drugs, Cases Affirming Use of DRE Protocol, The Problem with a 5 ng THC Law, Understanding Marijuana Terminology, Booker et. al., 2012, Other State THC Per Se DUI Laws, Medical Cannabis Industry Related Stocks-THC Biz
- Covington, Dr. Stephanie - Healing Trauma: Strategies for Women, Handout: Gender Responsive Resource Guide
- Frost, Natasha - Shifting Paradigms: From the Punishment Imperative to a New Justice Reinvestment, The Future of Correctional Policy and Practice.
- Gillespie, Capt Sonya - The Affordable Care Act and County Jails
- Griffin, Dan - Males and Trauma: The Missing Peace in Problem Solving Courts
- Hanshaw, Doug - SMART Recovery and the Central Eight Criminogenic Risk Factors
- Heck, Dr. Cary - Research and Evaluation in Problem Solving Courts
- Hirsch, Judge Marcia - The Trauma Informed Judge and Too Soft on Crime? Creating the Cultural Shift to Trauma Informed Practices
- Lunievicz, Joe - Cultural Competency: LGBT Issues
- McCormack, Marguerite - Organizational Trauma
- Multiple Speakers - A Comprehensive Look at Colorado's Drug Reform - Handouts: Amendment 64, Amendment 64 CCJJ Drug Policy 2013 Report, Amendment 64 Task Force Report, CRPC 8 4, CRPC 8 6
- Multiple Speakers - Criminal Law Procedures for the non-CJC Type
- Multiple Speakers - D.R.E.A.M. Recovery Support: The Added Benefits of a Participant and Alumni Group
- Multiple Speakers - How to Build a Peer Mentor Program for Your Veteran's Treatment Court - Handouts: Veterans Treatment Court PM Principles, Mission Essential Task List
- Multiple Speakers - Implications of the Affordable Care Act for People in the Criminal Justice System.
- Multiple Speakers - Jail Based Behavioral Health Services Program Strides
- Multiple Speakers - The Role of the Probation Officer/Case Manager in Problem Solving Courts
- Multiple Speakers - Practicing the Practice - A Look Inside the Communities of Practice in Colorado Corrections
- Mulitple Speakers - Traumatic Brain Injury: Screening and Assessing Offenders - How prevalent is it?
- Multiple Speakers - Tri-occurring Supervision in the Criminal Justice System: How AIIM uses the IDDT model
- Multiple Speakers - What a Long Strange Trip It's Been: The Defense Attorney in Specialty Court
- Mulitple Speakers - What is it and why should we want it: Colorado's Problem Solving Court Peer Review Process - Handouts: Idaho Survey 2013, Peer Review Task Details, Peer Review Checklist Blank, Cover Page- Peer Review Packet, Online Survey Q29, Peer Review Questions for Team Member Interview, Peer Review Team Staffing Observation, Peer Review Court Observation Form, Peer Review Participant Questions, Peer Review Suggested Recommendations for Summary Report, Idaho ADC Peer Review Summary Report Template, Sample Script for Calling Sites to Intro Peer Review Visit
- Plemmons, Kerry - High Performing Teams and Revolutionary Leadership
- Nandi, Anjali - Challenges and Solutions for Integrating Risk/Need and Traditional Treatment
- Navsaria, Dr. Dipesh - Early Experiences Matter: A Population Health Look at Early Brain and Child Development, Information and Resources
- Tucker, Dr. Abigail - Trauma Informed Care in the Criminal Justice System and The Community Mental Health Center - Treatment of Offenders
- Wheeler, Guy - Treating the Marijuana User with Emphasis on 18-29 Year Olds